Terms & Conditions
- The Website (“Website“) ‘’cretanpeaks.com’’ hereinafter referred to as the “Website“, is a website for the provision of services through the Internet created by the Company CRETAN PEAKS G.P, located at Katrea str. 0, in 71500 Heraklion, Greece (hereinafter referred to as the “Company“). The following terms and conditions will apply to the use of the Company’s website, as well as the services provided by the Company. By using the Website or the Services provided by the Company, the users indicate their full acceptance of the terms and conditions that the Company has set or will set in the future.
- The users of the Application and the Website of the Company and/or their visitors will henceforth be referred to as “Users“, regardless of whether they make a final registration in the Company’s Services.
- If a User or a representative of the User does not agree to these terms and conditions, he or she may not use the website and / or the services of the Company.
- Only those who have full legal capacity have the right to use the Website.
- The User who wishes to use the services provided by the Application or the Website, must declare his true, complete and valid personal information and ensure that this information remains accurate and complete.
- The User also agrees that the Company is not responsible towards the User or any third party for interrupting or canceling the User’s access to Company’s Website or parts thereof.
- Only the Website Manager and / or the Company’s authorized personnel have access to the Website data.
- By using the services of the Company, as a User, the User accepts as part of the contractual relationship between the parties, that the Company may communicate with the User, through the User’s contact details that the User has inserted and submitted in the Website in order to receive the services.
The final customer-excursionist is obliged to comply with the rules, instructions and directions of the Company and the Company’s person in charge of each excursion before and during the excursion.
The Company acting as the tour operator has the right to exclude from the tour any final customer-excursionist, if he or she fails to comply with the tour operator’s rules, instructions and directions, as well as if his or her behavior is offensive, annoying or dangerous to other participants-excursionists.
Also, any refusal of a the final customer-excursionist to use the necessary equipment either from the beginning or during the tour, results his exclusion from it.
In the above cases of exclusion, the final customer-excursionist does not receive compensation or refund of part or all of the price of his participation.
The Company is not liable for failure to fulfill its contractual obligations, if this omission is the result of force majeure, provided that the alleged force majeure is proven.
Force majeure is defined as any unforeseen and unavoidable situation that makes the performance of the contract absolutely impossible. More specifically, the Company is not responsible for situations and events caused by force majeure which may lead to non-execution or improper execution (including delays) of the activity, such as indicative and not be limited to any adverse weather conditions, strikes, blockades (roads, places, etc.), accidents, delays, changes or cancellations of means of transport, earthquakes, pandemics, fires, etc. as well as for culpable actions or omissions of third parties.
The Company is not responsible for any damage to the final customer’s-excursionist’s equipment (either during the tour or during the transport of the equipment by any mean of transportation i.e., vehicle, vessel or airplane).
4. Conditions of Participation
- The participant (final customer- excursionist) must possess the required skills, knowledge, experience and the necessary equipment for participating at the ‘’Activity’’, and have taken into consideration the predictions of weather conditions during the performance of the specific Activity.
- The participant must assess for himself whether his state of health allows participation in the certain Activity and, if in doubt, to consult a doctor. If the participant faces any health problems, this must be brought obligatory to the attention of the Company when registering, whereas according to the nature of the Activity and the Activity’s degree of difficulty, the prior written consent of his/her doctor must be obtained. The Company is not responsible for any risks to the health and physical integrity of any participant associated with the participation at any Activity.
- The participant must be aware of the requirements, difficulty’s level and the risks of the Activity in which he or she is participating and is responsible for his or her own personal safety. If he or she is not fully aware of the requirements, difficulty’s level and risks of this Activity, he or she must request full information from the tour operator, and this will be accordingly provided.
- The participant must have completed the age of 18 on the planned date of the Activity. Exceptionally, individuals at an age between 12 years and 18 years can take part in an Activity provided that they are accompanied by their parents or the adult legal guardian or with the written consent of their parents.
- The participant is obliged to comply with the rules, instructions and instructions of the Company and the leader of the Activity before and during the Activity. The leader of the Activity has the right to exclude any participant from the Activity with immediate effect, if he or she does not follow these rules, instructions and guidelines, as well as if his or her behavior is indecent or annoying to other participants. Any refusal by a participant to use the required equipment either from the beginning or during the Activity will also mean exclusion from it. In the above cases of exclusion, the participant will not receive any compensation or compensation for part or all of the price of his participation and the company has the right not to allow his participation in future Activities.
- The personal data of each participant that provided to the Company, including the level of performance and state of health, must be concrete and truthful. In the event that the participant provides false or incorrect information to the company or withholds critical information, in particular about his or her state of health or his or her ability to meet the requirements of the specific Activity, he or she is solely responsible for the consequences.
- The registration for participation in an Activity is to be made – as quickly as possible, for the most efficient organization – via the Company’s website by inserting all the necessary information in the registration form on the website (peak-pack-booking form) or by sending an E-Mail: email@example.com with the full information requested. Participation is only confirmed, if the participation fee set by the Company or the planned down payment is paid.
- The down payment for the Activity, unless otherwise specified, must be made within three calendar days (3) from the user’s registration in order to reserve the participation.
- Payment of the remaining balance of each tour must be made within 14 calendar days after the confirmation of the reservation for the participation of each tour participant. If the total amount of the tour is not settled up on time, the Company reserves the right to cancel the participation of the respective excursion participant(s) with their prior notice. In this case the down payment will not be refunded.
- Early cancellation of participation in the “Activity” can be made no later than 15 calendar days before the start date of the Activity. In this case, the down payment, settled up as deposit, will not be refunded, whereas the remaining amount of the total cost of participation will be fully refunded. Cancellations have to be formally asserted and always in due time in writing with an e-mail to one of the following e-mail accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Any other way of notification is considered as unacceptable.
- The customer has the option of rebooking to the next or a later tour offered by the Company taking advantage of the given deposit, provided that he or she notifies the Company in due time and always upon the running availability of each upcoming tour.
- If there is a period of less than 7 days until the start of the Activity, payment of the total price must be made within 24 hours of the user’s registration. If payment is not made as described above, the declaration of participation is invalid without notification of the user. In this case, the participation can be transferred, to a next or later Activity.
- Rebooking to the next Activity can only be made twice per customer.
- If the fee is remitted to the Company’s bank account, the participant must provide his or her name and the Activity to which the deposit relates. Any commission from the bank will only burden the depositor and in no case the Company.
- The minimum number of participants is five (5) or, as prescribed differently for each separate “Activity”. Therefore, the Activity cannot take place if the minimum number is not reached. In this case, the company will inform the participants by means of an announcement on its website and reimburse the participation fee to those who have paid it without any further obligation for the Company. If, for any reason, the available places are ultimately less than the number of registrations, the order of priority will be strictly adhered to, depending on the registration date, where any amount paid already by those ones who weren’t selected, will be refunded. In any case, the excursionist can be rebooked to the next excursion if he or she wishes so.
- Participants must be present punctually at the departure point of the Activity, which is determined by the organizers, and strictly adhere to the departure times and the duration of the stops determined by the leader of the Activity. It goes without saying that failure to follow the timing exactly may cause unwanted program changes and delays and problems among participants. The inconsistency of any participant gives the leader of the “activity” the right to ignore him, where the inconsistent is not entitled to any refund of the Activity or any other compensation.
- The leader of the Activity has the right to differentiate or even cancel the carrying out of the Activity, if in his judgment the local weather or other conditions do not guarantee the safety of the group or the adequate execution of the activity. In case of diversification of the program of the Activity or delay in its execution due to weather or other extraordinary circumstances, the participant does not receive compensation or refund of part or all of the price of his participation. Any complaint should be reported immediately to the leader of the activity and not later than during the running Activity.
- The time schedule of the Activities mentioned in the program given to the participants by any mean, are estimated and depend on the weather conditions, the needs of the team and any other factor that may affect them.
- The participants understand that their allocation in the hotel rooms, where overnight stay is required, is done randomly and without specific preferences and always in relation to the given availability of the hotel.
- The Company has taken every possible care and taken all possible precautions for the correct and successful organization of each Activity. However, the Company is not liable for events and situations that are beyond its control, and which may lead to the non-execution or improper execution (including delays) of the Activity, such as: Blockades (roads, company premises, etc.), accidents, delays, changes or failures in transport, etc. as well as for culpable actions or omissions by third parties. In these cases, the company is not liable for any damage.
- Rules of conduct and community conditions.
- As Users of the Website and the services provided you are solely responsible for the correctness, accuracy and truthfulness of the information you submit to the Website and the Application. The Company has no obligation or responsibility or ability to check the correctness of the information you submit to the Website and the Application.
- The Company reserves the right to revoke access to part or the entire Website and / or to take any other appropriate and legal measures to enforce these terms if it becomes aware of any breach.
- As Users you must not provide false or misleading information. The Company Manager may cancel the Access of the Users to the Website, wherever it is proven, and he becomes aware that the access of the respective User to the Website has been used to perform unauthorized actions or that false information is provided.
- The use and participation of Users in the service of Cretan Peaks is unsolicited.
- Parental Consent or Guardian Consent
You must be 18 years of age or older to use our Company’s Website. Some of the content available may not be suitable for children. MINORS UNDER 18 ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
- The password and the user account
As Users you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and user account information. As a User, you undertake to inform the Company immediately in case of unauthorized use of your account or related suspicion, as well as in case of security breach, including loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of the password. You take full responsibility for any activity that takes place using your user account. In case someone uses your account or password, you undertake to inform us without delay and in any case within 36 hours from the moment you became aware.
- Right of Withdrawal
- The User has the right within fourteen (14) calendar days from the start of use of the Website / Application to withdraw from the contract he has concluded with the Company, as causally detailed in article 4 and its respective sub articles 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, 4.13 and 4.15 of the present.
- In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, the User is obliged to inform in writing the Company which one in turn will refund the respective amount as prescribed in articles paid within 30 calendar days.
- In case the same User withdraws, the files and information posted on the Website will be deleted on the same day.
- The above does not apply in the case where the terms of cooperation between the Company and the User are specified in a contract.
- In case of withdrawal, the customer will have the right to implement the excursion / package he has purchased within one year. Refunds are not accepted.
- Limitation of Liability
- You understand and agree that the Company is not liable for any direct, indirect, potential or imminent loss, including indicative but not limited to lost profits, goodwill, data loss or other losses (even if you have the probable occurrence of the damage), arises or derives from (a) the use or inability to use the website, (b) the use of any material posted on ‘’cretanpeaks.com’’ or on a website or websites to which it refers through hyperlinks, (c) third party behavior on the website or (d) any other event related to the website and the services provided by the company.
- The Company makes every effort for the proper operation of the Application and the Website, but in no way guarantees that its operation, its servers and/or third-party websites through which its content is transmitted will be uninterrupted and/or proper. Therefore, the Company does not bear any responsibility for any damage caused to the Users of the Application / Website or to third parties.
- The Company does not store backup copies of the Website data.
- The company is not responsible for any breach of these terms in the event of an accident or force majeure.
- The Company reserves the right to unilaterally terminate the validity of all services provided and to cease the provision of any service to the User.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Company uses external partners as third a party cooperation for the implementation of the activity packages with which the Company is contractually committed.
Indicatively, the Company cooperates with hotel units for which the respective excursionist can find detailed information in the offered activity packages concerning the accommodation of the excursionists.
In addition, the Company cooperates with the catering industry, for which the respective excursionist can find detailed information in the active packages offered.
Finally, the Company cooperates with an engineer to clean and support mechanically the participants’ equipment.
The company assumes no responsibility for the nature and quality of the services provided by the above companies, which are self-sufficient and independent.
- Other terms
The terms of participation can be modified by the Company at any time and are valid from the posting on its website.